• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Air Conditioning Kit

Mike_Kendall

Hello, I have been researching to find out how to put AC in the M1009 that I just purchased. I found a company, Nostalic Air Parts, that sells a kit specifically designed for the M1009. It costs 945 dollars. I just bought my M1009 and my brother will pick it up this Tuesday and keep it at his house until I return to USA in April. Some questions
1) Did the M1009's come with a fan shroud? I can't tell from the picture on the one that I bought. If they don't come with one has people installed them to theirs to make the cooling more efficient?
2) Has anyone experience with this kit? The web site claims no modifications to the look but when I called the lady said that I will have to make a cutout for the air conditioning vents, I'm assuming in the places designed for it. I was told to expect 75 dollars for the evacuation/charging fee so total cost should be an even 1K if there is already a fan shroud. The double grove pulley and everything is included.
Best Regards,
Mike

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1009s do come standard with a fan shroud. Yours may be AWOL.

As far as Nostalic Air Parts, I have no info on them

ODIron (devilman96) sells a CUCV A/C kit for the same price. It may be simular. He has installed it on some trucks.

OD Iron LLC Military Vehicle Parts and Accessories

http://www.odiron.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=17_120&products_id=647

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/27571-cucv-build-here-we-go-again-11.html#post299031

Do a search or contact him for additional info.

Warthog

Last edited:

cucvrus

Roof mounted air conditioners on an M1009 are cool. I would opt for the rear side window mount if it were mine. That way I could still let my roof rack in place. Really the rear gate for the window type. Or the bed side would be another option for a flush mount. Protruding window style on the side would take a beating at Raucsh Creek mounted out the side.

Gunfighter1

Type in this on fleabay A/C KIT UNIVERSAL UNDERDASH EVAPORATOR COMPRESSOR 2A KIT AIR CONDITIONER
$498.00.

Its not a link so I hope its cool.

How would you mount the compressor? Think the nostalgic air bracket and pulley would work for this setup? Definitely alot cheaper than the other options would be nice to have AC in the truck in the summertime.

CUCVLOVER

How would you mount the compressor? Think the nostalgic air bracket and pulley would work for this setup? Definitely alot cheaper than the other options would be nice to have AC in the truck in the summertime.
OK. Sorry. For taking so long to reply. I haven't seen the nostalgic air bracket.
My plan was to just fit the compressor under the passenger side alt. I'd just mak my own brackets.
So now I have to decide if I want ac in my truck.

Hope this helps sorry again.