• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Alt question

bigginstactical

I have found the many threads on the rebuild kits for the alts on the CUCVS. This is the recommended kit and everything seems in order with it. My only question is it includes a different capacitor to the one that is installed stock. Can the small black cap be used or should I purchase the replacement for the original. If the new style can be used is it self explanatory on how to mount it? I haven't rebuilt an alt yet.... just trying to figure out what I have to order. Thanks for your time.

spbM1009

Do you know if the two capacitors are the same value? As long as everything fits mechanically, I think that if they're the same value, it won't make a difference.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you get the kit it will usually have the silver canister capacitor. I think the picture is just a generic photo. Out of the many kits I have ordered from them the canister type capacitor was always included.

bigginstactical

So I received the the smaller black capacitor in the rebuild kit instead of the canister style. I figured I would give it a go and install how I thought it should go. At this point everything is working fine. I did have to slightly enlarge the holes to fit between the bolts. The bolts in red are where to mount and the yellow line shows the general area of how it fits. I took a pic but must have deleted it. Simple install. So if people are worried if they get it, it does work.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks