• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 alternator issues

RedneckMilenko

Alright, new batteries installed and a new gauge cluster. Since then now my GEN 2 light will not turn off and my GEN 1 light is very lightly flashing but not flasing in any kind of pattern. Also my lights to light up my cluster at night don't work but I think that's because of the LEDs I bought to replace them and they just aren't working out. I'm just wondering what's going on? I've already searched but everything I find that may even be useful is about the GEN 2 not working.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you use LEDs for the GEN lights? If so you messed up.

you need to test your alternators to see what is going on.

search for Barrman's alternator thread. While it is wordy, he covers testing of the units.

Last edited:

RedneckMilenko

Yes. I did use LEDs for the GEN lights. I didn't think it would've been an issue being as it'd still be completing the cuircut. I'll replace them with good bulbs as soon as I can, it won't be driven till then.

RedneckMilenko

Well I replaced the LEDs wih the regular bulbs and now both my GEN lights are telling me my alternators arent charging. All I did was replace my batterys, by belts, and put in a new gauge cluster, I didn't have any charging issues before this. Any ideas?

RedneckMilenko

I'd also like to add that wile relacing the belts I found that the driver side belt was the wrong size. The only way the previous owner could've put it on would be to take the alterntor off the braket and then slip the belt on. I'm having a very bad sqeel now as well from under the hood so I'm guessing the bearings are shot in it now and it needs ether rebuilt or replaced but I don't see why the other alt wont charge.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If it has too much play it will squeal and then usually stop after a minute or so. It would reappear if you turn the steering wheel if it is on that belt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks