• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 alternator pictures

crownjewel4

Generator 1 went on my M1009. I removed both, and I am dropping them off to be rebuilt tomorrow. I wondered if anyone could be so kind and post pictures of the correct wiring placement for both Gen1 and Gen2, so when I reinstall, I can get the correct wires to the correct spots.

I should have taken pictures myself prior to, but did not.

Thanks in advance for the help,
:-o

bowtiecrazy

these guys on here are good they will help you out i just wanted to say what i always take a pic with my cell phone(if you have one or digtial camera) when im workin on mine. i know that does not help u now but maybe it will in the future i have took mine off a couple of times and i cant never remember so i just lookat the pic good luck your at the right place.:razz:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was just covered for the passenger side alt.

Look at the wiring diagram and it will show the correct wiring. In addition there is an extra wire for the drivers side not show. It is the black w/white wire that connects to the ground terminal. It is for the STE/ICE diagnostic plug.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/49353-m1009-passenger-side-alt-connection.html

When you get them back make sure they installed the correct pullys. I had one worked on and the pully was wrong when I took it in. It needs to be 71mm in a stock system

Last edited: