• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 ALTERNATOR QUESTION

TURKEY131

I THINK MY ALTERNATOR IS DEAD. PUT TWO NEW BATTERIES IN HER TONIGHT AND HAD THE LIGHTS ON. THE LIGHTS WHERE VERY DULL. THEN AFTER ABOUT TEN MINUTES LOST THE TAIL LIGHTS. LOOKING AT THE VOLTAGE GAGE NEEDLE WAS IN THE RED. SO I THINK MY ALTERNATOR IS DONE. ANY ONE KNOW A GOOD(CHEAP) PLACE TO GET A NEW ONE? :cry:

CCATLETT1984

ok, first, can you still get the truck started?
If you can get a multimeter and test the voltage at each battery with the truck running, post the results.

Being that you say you just put new batteries in, I'd check the connections. Maybe have the front battery tested (could be bad).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks