• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Aluminum Radiator

A few people have asked, well here are the photos. When I bought my M1009 the radiator was missing. Some fools from forestery had cut it out when this was turned back in from a local fire company. I was not going to pay $400 for a new one and I was not going to try some of the used beat up 25 year old ones. I found this four core on the internet for $229 . I bought it and a two core for my Suburban. They fit right in, work better than the stock ones and cool better. I have no problems after running both radiators over a year in both trucks.

execept for my clumsy crushing the over flow tube on the one in the 1009. Ok I had a case of the butter fingers.

Attachments

Oh and before I forget, they weigh HALF of what the brass version weighed. The only other thing I did was put new rubber mounts top and bottom, my old ones were dry rotted.

bchesley

Nice, where did you find them? I have seen one on Ebay and was curious about quality. I am in the market for a new one, but am skeptical with out seeing it in person. Thanks.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
overlordofmars,

That radiator looks great! Thanks for the info! Nice find, great price :smile:

I'm sure the insane price of copper has something to do with the outrageous price for brass radiators. Aluminum radiators used to cost a LOT more than brass. Oh, how things have changed...

cucvrus

Well at the current rate of recycling they could quit mining for a few years. Recycling of metals is at an all time high. And with the current plastic / aluminum radiators the demand is even lower.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks