• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 and U-Haul tow dolly "duel"...

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
... tow dolly won, CUCV lost (too wide)...

Just wanted to tell everyone that my M1009 CUCV was 3" too wide to fit between the fenders on my personal ex U-Haul tow dolly.

It started to "fit" between the fenders and maybe would if I "forced it", but knew the dolly would not like it.

Most said it would not work and some said maybe - so, record me as telling the group, no it won't work if the dolly has its fenders on...

K9Vic

This has been posted before already, tow dollies will not work the any of the CUCV trucks. Also the older silver U-Haul flat trailer will only work, the newer one I believed does not.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The latest and greatest U-Haul car trailer will work with the M1009 and M1008 with no problems. The M1008 rear tires will be approx 3-4" from the end though.

You have to order/reserve these trailers as they are far and few between...

QuickSilver

I added a tow bar to mine. Bought it "used" for $50 bucks, still in the box and never used. It's the type where you just pull a couple of pins to release each side of the bar from the brackets on the truck. Works great.