• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Antenna and Antenna Base

donalloy1

Can a SS help me with identification of oem part numbers for M1009 Antenna base and Antenna. Pretty much last items needed to complete project. DMLII sends...:driver:

wsucougarx

Are you looking for a VRC-12 based antenna? If so, then the kit is know as the AS-1729 (base with antenna). The base in this setup is a MX-6707. I bought my 3 kits off ebay from a Company in Israel. Shipping from Israel to my doorstep was a mere 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny things there were all US marked units. Bringing them back home I guess:)

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter

wsucougarx

It can but what a waste. You'll need to completely gut the antenna base out. An alternative is using the AB-15 antenna base for cb radio operation. The AB-15 uses a 3 sectional or more antenna system (MS-116a, MS-117a, MS-118a). You'll want to do a search to see what sections you'll need as the antenna length is very important.

maynard83

Couple of questions and pardon my ignorance.

- Will the AB-15 fit on the mounting bracket on the CUCV (I have a M1010 with a mounting bracket next to the air conditioning unit)?

- Will the MX-6707 w/Antenna work with a CB radio?

I plan on adding a CB radio to my M1010.

Thanks.

Chief_919

If anyone needs any, I have several NOS AS-3916 bases and masts. These are later than the MX-6707 and use the thinner mast (really just a thin wire like long CB whips).

They are rated for 30-88 mhz, but my SWR anazlyzer says the SWR is under 2.5:1 down through the CB frequencies so it will work for CB as-is. They fit the same base as the MC-6707 masts.

They are even EMP shielded:D

maynard83

If anyone needs any, I have several NOS AS-3916 bases and masts. These are later than the MX-6707 and use the thinner mast (really just a thin wire like long CB whips).

They are rated for 30-88 mhz, but my SWR anazlyzer says the SWR is under 2.5:1 down through the CB frequencies so it will work for CB as-is. They fit the same base as the MC-6707 masts.

They are even EMP shielded:D
How much? If you could send a PM I would appreciate it

maynard83

PM sent.

Love the OV-10X avatar- we need to buy about 200 of those.......

My ultimate dream is to one day own and fly a Bronco. I would settle for just an OV-10D.

I have spoken to many active duty Marines in the area and to a man they all want the OV-10 or something similar back for Close Air Support and Aerial Spotting. Extremely useful for the terrain in Afghanistan. The drones are nice but nothing beats 2 pairs of human eyeballs overhead.

HeisenBob

I have one of those on my truck. I was planning on taking it off. I'm not planning on keeping this truck original. I'm open to trades or would be willing to sell it to you. PM if you are interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks