• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Ball Joints & Axle Seals - Same as CIV model K5???

MuddWeiser

I am going to attack my upper/lower ball joints on the M1009 next weekend and want to order parts... Figure I would do wheel bearings, brakes etc... at the same time.

I've got the right brakes, but I am wondering what ball joints and axle seals I will need?

Do I just order stock K5 Civilian parts? I know the CUCV (1009) has 10 bolt front axle, but since it is "corporate 10 bolt" are the parts different from the Civilian model K5?

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!

Barrman

Get the special ball joint adjusting socket too! Read the -20 and you will find that the upper ball joints are adjustable on both the M1009 and the K5 civi blazer. The book actually talks you through adjusting the ball joint. Only if you can't adjust anymore does it say to replace them. To replace them, you need to remove the adjuster sleeve.