• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Blazer side window with sliding glass

K9Vic

Was looking at a M1009 Blazer today and noticed the side rear window on the topper has a sliding glass with a small pop-out glass. I have look at allot of them on GSA and GL and never noticed this. My friend that was with me was in the military and drove one had never seen one before. Has anyone here seen this and was it an option, or some custom job?

Attachments

Sgt Hulka

Standard factory slider option. For some reason some m1009s have them. Maybe the later ones... I just bought a set to replace my solid ones. Keep my K-9 buddies cool in the summer...

91W350

They had one at Jefferson CIty when I picked mine up. I asked about it and I think it was Westech that told me they replaced broken windows with sliders cheaper than they cold buy the glass. I think it would be a great asset in the summer with no a/c. Glen

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone needs a drivers side solid glass let me know. I have a BUNCH of them. They are listed in the classifieds.

Passenger side on mine. The back seat riders sure appreciated it in summer.

Any thoughts on where to get replacement runners for the slider?
LMCTRUCK.com has the rubber for $29.95, Item #36-6196

Last edited:

sawgunner1

Tinted Glass

As soon as it warms up around here I will be installing factory tinted sliders I have laying around in my M1009. I just got the factory tinted rear glass from a dude in Mass and will be installing it tomorrow.

These Blazers are HOT in the summer and the small investment in real glass, not tint, should pay off.

Crash_AF

There was a PS article about the sliding windows listing part numbers so some units were able to order and install the windows at the unit level. I never saw a 1009 in service with the windows, but then I was AF and the trucks were mostly in the Army.

Later,
Joe

ida34

If someone ends up with a driver's side slider I need one. It was broken out when I got it from GL and I replaced it with a standard window I already had.

nattieleather

Any auto glass shop should be able to install the door glass and the tail gate glass. If it's an independent company (i.e. not safelite or PPG etc) they should be willing to sell you the glass less install for the DYI guys. The local Glass Doctor here in Cleveland will also sell used auto glass. He buys old vehicles and has his guys remove the all the glass except the windshields and stores it and then sells it for half the price of new glass. So check with your local guy and see what he has to offer. But on a CUCV glass should be easy to get.

JUNKYARDJOHN

Mine came from G.L. with a pass. side sliding glass & a drivers side solid. I just figured it was a replacement.I was working up at flint truck & bus assy. in the 80s & don't remember ever seeing any come down the line. I was a layout insp. there & kinda wish i payed a little more attention to em back then, but hey... I'm suffering with c.r.s. & have what i like to call a few "senior moments" anyway. :wink: John

Last edited: