• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 build thread; daily driver meets back country trail rig.

mdeamicis

I picked up my 86 USMC Bkazer about 2 months ago and have put a thousand miles on her to bring her up to an even 50K. She runs perfectly and is a great starting point for building the daily driving trail rig I want.

She is already lifted and cut to run the 39 inch tires on her. Most of the military brackets are gone amd she is flat black.

There are already a few out of the box projects for me to do that came with the truck;
-Install mostly complete AC kit.
-install Dana 60s after gathering a few more odds and ends
-install banks turbo kit after gathering gauges and Pyro meter

I have also picked up a couple of items from LMC. I need to rebound the rear window with the brackets and seals sitting in the back qnd install the SHELFIT that I ordered at the same time.

The list of other things I want to do:
-vinyl wrap Kryptek Yheti
-rubber coat the floor front to back.
-soundproof the cab
-build a roll bar to support the rlof rack when going topless
-buld a lowpro rroof rack and a tent system for off the ground sleeping.
-ladder
-Rear bumper with swing out tire rack.
-Receivers fron an back with trays for portable winch
-12 ton winch on tray for front or rear
-ARB lockers front and back
-long range comms
-custom center console with cup hilders,catch trays and storage cubies
-trail armor to protect all the vulnerable components
-cush aphulstry on all seats.
-maybe coil over the rear end.

I took some pics the other day. I just have to figure out how to get them posted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks