• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 bulb question

Small Prepper

Evening ALL

I am having a hard time finding bulb type, (5711??) for the bulb under the dash (in the middle, next to the 4 wheel shifter) I spent 2 hours looking at the TM's and can't seam to find it

Also looking for the bulb for the volt meter (type,numbers or letters)

what I want to do is replace the bulbs with LED type bulbs

Thanks for any help you can give me

S.P.

CUCVLOVER

I will check what's in my truck for you tomorrow morning its to cold right now lol.
If you are doing a straight up led change why not use those led strip lights that have the 3m peel and stick. They come in a few different lengths and are easy to use

48cj2a

Volt Meter Bulb: 1445
14.4V .135A/G3-1/2 Mini Bayonet Base
Wattage (W): 1.90 Watt
Voltage (V): 14.4 Volt

Coutesy Lamp Bulb: 1003
12.8V .94A/B-6 SC Bayonet Base
Wattage (W): 12 Watt
Voltage (V): 12.8 Volt

Small Prepper

Morning

CUCVLOVER - Thanks, I have the LED strip light and going to install them on the ceiling of the cab and back on the fiberglass. They are cool!

48cj2a - Thanks, That is was I was looking for. Where did you find it?

Thanks again S.P.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also listed in the helpful threads(stickies).

48cj2a

Volt Meter Bulb: 1445
14.4V .135A/G3-1/2 Mini Bayonet Base
Wattage (W): 1.90 Watt
Voltage (V): 14.4 Volt

Coutesy Lamp Bulb: 1003
12.8V .94A/B-6 SC Bayonet Base
Wattage (W): 12 Watt
Voltage (V): 12.8 Volt

Superbrightleds.com:

1445 LED options BA9S https://www.superbrightleds.com/search/led-products/G3-1 2 Mini Bayonet Base/

1003 LED options: https://www.superbrightleds.com/veh...936:&make=16&model=1053&scc_id=1452&year=1984

I re-bulbed the cluster, heater and 4WD Shifter Console back lighting with a civilian socket and wiring to a more tactical look much like the M-35s and M-923 series Military Vehicles using WLED-x5 red LEDs from http://superbrightleds.com

clusterredled.JPG

richingalveston

just so you know that once you put LED's in the dash, the dimmer does not work. LED's need a special electronic dimmer and probably not easy to wire into the circuit. I have red led's and like them, the red for some reason does not need a dimmer. it is easy on the eyes.

to help even the red out, I painted the inside of the bezel. where all the lights were, the plastic was brown and not white anymore. I painted with a reflective chrome paint but white work just as well. I may add some strips in the dark spots next time I have it apart.

Attachments

Last edited:

kimco

Thanks Rich, that is a great point.
I do like red, it seems bright enough to be useful, but i'm hoping/assuming it is not too bright in the cab?

48cj2a

Take the time to clean the housing, paint it like suggest. Clean all your bulb sock connections and adjust them so them are snug when they make contact with the printed circuit layover. I think mine are just right in brightness. Wouldn't even mind if they were slightly brighter. I think you will be happy if you know what duce or 5 ton dash illumination is like.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks