• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Bumper Numbers

ramcatdoc

You can run a thread search for "2012 VIN." Carnac can look for you with his database. The thread gives you detailed instructions. Good luck! There have been some pretty cool finds in this thread.

ABN173

I am fairly decent at decoding most of the bumper numbers if you can post a picture of them or at least type up what they read. Comes with 24 years in service I guess (20 active 4 reserves)

-Dale

ABN173

ok I pulled up a larger pic of your avatar on your profile album, I will have to dig some on yours as its a bit odd. I say this because most standard is to have the unit on the left side as you look at it, and the bumper admin number on the your right as you look/view it. Yours seem to be backwards. Off the top of my head I must admit I am stumped about what "ST" stands for. The other is easy 89BDE = 89th Brigade upon a google search there is/was a 89th MP Brigade. I will dig some more, but do as stated before and input your data into CARNAC's 2012 VIN info thread, that should help clear up the gray areas.

-Dale

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
For folks in the future, these questions should also go into the VIN INFO thread. Also post the bumper numbers in the initial post requesting the information so that those that are responding don't have to blow time rooting through photos trying to find the information.

Your truck was used by the 89th Military Police Brigade with their Special Troops Battalion and had the administrative number of 202. Couple things, some swifto reversed the numbers. This isn't significantly uncommon since they usually get added by some knucklehead that is on "non-punitive" administrative work detail for some infraction.

Don't confuse Special Troops Battalion with Special Forces. Special Troops Battalion are made up of clerks, cooks, maintenance, and other various support type personnel. It's akin to a Headquarters Company.

89th Brigade is located at Ft Hood, TX and has a website. You could potentially contact the unit through that website but don't expect to get the vehicle history. The data is purged when the vehicle departs.

ABN173

Thanks CARNAC! I just won a 71 M35A2 on GSA but I am deployed still, once my friends recover her from the Snohomish Fire Department and see what the VIN is I'll be posting a request in your 2012 vin info thread. Thanks for all you do to help this site out!

*edit: fairly sure the vin they listed is not the correct frame vin

-Dale

Last edited:

ABN173

Also the most common abbreviation I have seen is STB or BSTB, the ST all alone threw me way off. I'm sure the OP will be thrilled at the new information!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Mine still had my original bumper markings (until yesterday) since they didn't remove them when it went to DRMO/GL. To clarify, as in it was my truck when it was in the reserves and the numbers were still on it about 5 years later. Clinto and Flattop68 and I replaced the bed yesterday (thanks folks) and the new bed will have to have the numbers added now.

donalloy1

Will go to to "2012 VIN" thread and hopefully figure out mine? Outside of Bumper Alpha-Numeric strings. What do the Alpha-Numeric strings on side of vehicle mean? I am assuming that is vehicle ID only? Example mine has NFOH3K on sides behind doors amidship forward of wheel wells both sides.

donalloy1

CARNAC,

Tried going to 2012 VIN thread so I could send you my vehicle information. Would not let me add to thread? Where should I populate information so you can check for me? Thanks in advance, DMLII sends...

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You would go to my 2012 VIN INFO thread, read post #1, scroll to the very bottom of the page and insert the information as a quick reply.

The as for the NF.... , that's a registration number. But read post 1 on the vin info thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks