• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 buy Is this worth the money?

Oldsouthernboy

A local person has two M1009' s he want to sell. One has new batteries and looks like the ignition swicth has been replaced, The shop it is sitting in tells me that it needs a fly wheel, a couple of teeth are missing. I checked under the hood, two new batteries, alternators looks very new, all wiring is in place and the shop says it runs and shifts good but needs the new fly wheel. The other I have not seen yet but I will look at it tomorrow and check it out. The person say it is a package deal, $1,800 for both as they sit. Is this worth my time and effort to but these or am i about to be skinned? I thnk they will be good part vehicles, I should get my money out of them if I part them out or I hope to. Oh he will deliver to my place as part of the deal.

rod

Hey, I'm just down the road from you. Shoot me a PM and I will provide you with my cell. I have a m1009 and can talk to you or go look at them with you.

How much rust to they have?

91W350

Sounds like a smoking deal to me if the trucks are in decent condition. I bought one good running M1009 for that and thought I struck a good deal. Glen

Oldsouthernboy

No major rust that I have seen, checked for GL present on drive shaft, apperars to be no damage, Checking the other tomorrow after work. I can say that all the shacles are there also. No spare but spare tire brace is there, so is the radio shelf and radio power cables. Seat appers to be crappy but that can be fixed. The fly wheel is what may cost me.

rod

The other thing you need to make sure of is there a Title on these vehciles. If a vehicle is 1975 or older then all you really need is a bill of sale. If it is 1976 or later it can be difficult unless you have the paperwork from GL or the Government to apply for a title.

There is a reason that one sells 2 M2009s for $1800. He either needs the cash, wants them gone or some other reason....... It is in your best interest to find out before you make the purchase.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are selling on GL for $2000+ without knowing if they run or not. Even if the trucks have no title, there are ways to get them titled.

$1800 for two running trucks is a great price. If you don't want them let me know where they are at.

Oldsouthernboy

I checked out the other M1009, a rust bucket, Kids have broken out some of the glass, both alternators are gone, steering pump bracket broken, starter gone, Front steering stabilzer bent and broken, Battery trays shot, Tail gate shot, tires bald, A real parts truck. some one laid rubber matting in the floor, with dry wall screws, Cap is all scarred up. The first one I saw and checked closer, the fly wheel needs replacing, front tie rod bent like a pretzel, glow plug light vomes on but does not cycle off. When craked sounds like a bucket of rocks throwen around. Seats are not to good, horn button gone, but body is rust free, tires are good new batteries, I will make a offer again tomorow. If no go I will telll every one where they are.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks