• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Car seat Concern

boconnor343

Greetings all. I just joined the site today, and well im Dead set on a beautiful m1009 that i found with 17000 miles on it. My Girlfriend whose currently 5 months pregnant, is a little bit more leary. My question is, if i do wind up getting the truck, or rather when, How feasable is it to put a car seat in? I did a search but only came up with the one about triplets and the three car seats in the back.

Also i might add, that this is going to replace my 97 Jeep wrangler tj, which has almost no room for passengers, or say a car seat and a stroller at the same time.

If it isnt feasible, did anyone convert the seatbelts to a newer Vehicle version? The rear seat? Any input would greatly be appreciated. Im sorry if this post is a duplicate, but the only one i saw was the post about triplets, and well as far as i know, were only getting one terror LOL jk :-D:-D

I only ask about the seat belt/seat conversions, because i know its common with the jeeps. Lot of swapping of parts and components and whatnot

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seat belts will work fine with the kiddo car seat. There are not LATCH brackets but the belts themselves can do the job just fine. No worries

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be more concerned about noise. I personally would not put a newborn in a 1009 due to this concern. Then again the baby may find the drone of the 6.2 soothing, what do I know.

FatBuddhaBoo

If it isnt feasible, did anyone convert the seatbelts to a newer Vehicle version? The rear seat? Any input would greatly be appreciated. Im sorry if this post is a duplicate, but the only one i saw was the post about triplets, and well as far as i know, were only getting one terror LOL jk :-D:-D

I only ask about the seat belt/seat conversions, because i know its common with the jeeps. Lot of swapping of parts and components and whatnot

Thanks in advance

I did a full seat swap (both front and rear), using seats from a early 2000's Chevy pickup and third row seat from similar year Suburban.

You can see them in my M1009 build thread in my signature.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be more concerned about the maintenance of the truck. It would be a good idea to have a backup vehicle.

boconnor343

I did a full seat swap (both front and rear), using seats from a early 2000's Chevy pickup and third row seat from similar year Suburban.

You can see them in my M1009 build thread in my signature.

I have to say Very nice. Unfortunately i dont know yet if im going to need to do any welding yet on the Truck. I only found her the other day by luck. I gotta say tho if i need to do any welding repairs its going to be an interesting time learning. And for NDT, if the noise level is too much im sure i can insulate it with hushmat. As for the maintance, i plan on getting a beater down the line.. or when the Girlfriend finally gets her license maybe just borrow her car.

My main concern was the Car seat, but i am really liking that seat swap. i would keep the originals, but im sure the added comfort would be nice.

Matthew Gravley

I've got three little ones and have had every kind of car seat in my M1009. Lap belts in the back seat work great. And there's no airbag in the front in case you have to put one in front every now and again, with the shoulder belt. Never had any problems.

howardc

Great timing on this post. I am currently in the debating process about putting the original seat in or making the trip to a local junkyard for a 2003 third row suburban seat. (the first year they made LATCH standard). While the seatbelts and seat are in OK condition, I was concerned about the safety of two car seats in the back with only seat belts. Noise isnt an issue for me, just safety. I'm leaning towards the original seat.

on a side note, welcome to the forum boconnor. Keep us updated on the truck purchase, and if you do buy it, we want pics!

alburms311

I have put a car seat in the back of my M1009 many times taking my daughter with me to shows, not a problem, just make sure to tighten the belts down good and your all set.

Snuffy74

My 6 month old son has been riding in my 1009 since he was born. The seat straps in just fine and the sound of the 6.2 usually puts him to sleep within 5 minutes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks