• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 CUCV The Life Of 'Trooper'

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't want to be the wise guy.......but for safety, maybe not the best choice those building blocks, stones ( I don't know the name sorry.....lol ) under the jack stands.
Which are hollow and porous.....I will not offending you.......
Turn the "stone" ( or whatever you named it ) with the open end on top with a thick wooden board on it and it will last for years with a 5 ton on it......

cucvrus

Cinder blocks / cement blocks / building blocks / concrete block / blocks / is what we call them in my area. Very weak indeed when used like that. I use wood blocks and jack stands.

cucvrus

Never in the history of my existence has all the wood blocks been burnt. I get a trailer load of big oak blocks every week.DSCF2330.jpgI just built this Honda machine last week to haul them wood blocks up to the house. I was using my Mule M1009 / Silverado DSCF6384.jpgDSCF6277 (1).jpgand a Vermont wood cart for years. I just wanted to make something different. This is easier on me and the loading andDSCF6378.jpg unloading is easier. I tried a Honda 4 X 4 4 wheeler. Can't handle enough wood and is to clumsy. The wagon is my Grand Sons vehicle to haul with. He tries to out do me. Many more wood blocks to go. With the bigger trucks I could only get about 100 ft away and other entry's were just tearing up the lawn. I built a chute and threw it down the chute all i had was a big mess to clean up. This is the least amount of handling and clean up.

Last edited:

cucvrus

I said it before. Get Line X sprayed in. I done it to several M009's and 2 M1008's and my M1028. it was a huge improvement. It is a bit costly but beats any brush in liner I have seen and it sure beats layered insulation and a rubber mat or carpeting. After 10+ years of Line X on my M1008 plow truck. I must attest it is the most durable floor covering I have ever seen. I will say layered insulation and carpeting do deaden sound better. And the wetter they get the greater the sound barrier. I gets so quiet when the truck is parked you can hear the floors rusting. My M1009 has the liner front to back up to the roof rails and it holds up well and scrubs up real nice. Myth is that rust forms under it. I have never sen any rust from the top side. Bottom side will rust just the same as anything you do.

Chevybrit

Had an issue today with the front passenger caliper binding, Its a duralast reman about a year old .. even with some G clamps on the piston it wont budge.
Anyone else had problem with these?

sneekyeye

Loosen the bolt at the banjo fitting and if it squeezes in then, you have a restriction in the lines somewhere. Most likely in the rubber portion near the tire. This may seem silly but don't forget to tighten it back up and bleed your caliper.

sneekyeye

What did you end up paying for the rubber brake line if you don't mind saying? I'm fixing to replace the rubber lines on mine and expect to spend ten or fifteen bucks a piece for them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks