• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 - Dashpad

I_Publius

I know there are a LOT of places to get dashpads and I've read so many postings about dashpads that my head is spinning.

Who has the best quality replacement dashpad?
Are the ones from our favorite catalog distributor worth it?
Anyone else have any worthwhile?
Are there any stores that carry them in stock or is this truly only a mail order item?

I'm about ready to order one and want to make sure I'm spending my $$ on a good quality item.

Thanks!

I_Publius

I'll take the lack of response to mean that one is basically the same as the other and there is no quality difference in dashboards? Thanks all!

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct sir, the lack of response means that one is the same as the other...

Perhaps people have been busy or did not see your post...

I will say that I have one from the "favourite catalog distributor" and was not impressed. GM no longer makes them and I very much doubt that you will find one locally "in stock". You might try the local wrecking yard, they MIGHT have one out of a civvy...OR go by your local body shop and ask them what brand they would suggest purchasing.

I_Publius

That actually helps confirm it for me, so thank you for the reply. Sometimes it just helps to hear it, before throwing down good money on a project.

I appreciate it.

hoplite666

It's a little dirty at the moment but this carpet dash mat has done a good job of hiding my cracked dash pad. Personally I sort of like the carpet mat. Kind of a a vintage look. Very period correct. They are available on eBay in all sorts of colors.IMAG0336.jpg

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember, Kodiak, Top Kick, C50 60 70 trucks of that era use the same dash pad. I've found quite a few good ones in the local wrecking yard on the bigger trucks.