• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 died and wouldn't restart - UPDATE

kdaniels

So a while back my M1009 which I've owned since 05, had been running prefect suddenly developed a pulsing in rpm's on start up. It died once I put it gear but restarted right away. This was unusual for the truck so I idled up the drive slow allowing it to warm up. Once I hit the road and it shifted into 2nd gear it shut off like I had turn the key off. I coasted to the side of the road and tried a restart which it did for about 30 seconds and died again. The problem was the original fuel filter assembly was bad and was pulling air into the system. I had a new fuel assembly w/filter in my parts cabinet and it solved the problem. If I hadn't had the new filter base I might have done a spin on filter and got rid of it completely but I had spent a chunk on that part so I used it ...for better or worse maybe it'll last me till the next time.