• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Died like someone threw a switch

mutt1966

Went to the store everything fine, came out started the truck evrything fine, drove about 2 feet and it died not a cough or anything like Ive experianced before just died like someone threw a switch and it wont start it seems too be getting fuel from the checks that I did but Iam not getting exhaust smoke, so Iam thinking the solenoid mite of taken a crap, its a new pump but has anyone ever heard of one going out like that.............Thanks for any help, Scott O&O

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there power on the pink wire with the key on?

Becareful diagnosing this issue, if you leave the key on too long, you may burn out your glow plugs. I would disconnect them at the relay while troubleshooting this issue, until your ready to crank the engine over.

mutt1966

pulled the card and checked the pink wire thats good, but with the ignition still on Iam not getting any click when I touch the wire to the Solenoid, ignition fuse was good but replaced it anyway still no click, going to put a clear line on the top of the pump to see if its getting fuel, it would happen when Iam not near home were all my stuff is, Murphys Law so thanks for the help, Scott O&O

top_prop

pulled the card and checked the pink wire thats good, but with the ignition still on Iam not getting any click when I touch the wire to the Solenoid, ignition fuse was good but replaced it anyway still no click, going to put a clear line on the top of the pump to see if its getting fuel, it would happen when Iam not near home were all my stuff is, Murphys Law so thanks for the help, Scott O&O
I had my civi 6.2 die on me like this... and when I put the pink wire on the solenoid no click... check the ground... one of the two bolts on the solenoid will have a flat tie to another bolt on the IP (near the throttle linkage)... just put a short wire on the grounded terminal of the solenoid to ground then see if it will click... if that is it, reground the terminal to a bolt on the IP away from the throttle linage side... don't tie to the original bolt like I did at first...

I found this broken on my ip after I tore the top off to get at the solenoid, then grounded to the throttle cable side... the wire caught the throttle and held it near the max position... not good while driving... luckily I was going up hill so i just waited till i was neer the crest then shut it off shifted to neutral and drifted down to the bottom...

Hope its just a ground... I had a hard time finding a solenod and was actually happy when i realized it was a ground issue!

mutt1966

OK it was the Solenoid, brand new rebuilt pump put it in three months ago. I ran a wire direct to the pink wire terminal still no click put the pink wire on stuck the probe in the back of it and couldnt get it to give me a solid voltage read, solenoid was dead, lucky I have an other pump off my Civvy Jimmy 6.2 drove home got that twenty minutes to change it touched the Pink Wire too it Ahhh the click fired right up, now to see if the rebuilder has that covered in the warrenty. the bad solenoid looks like its China Junk when I compared the two. Thanks for the help Scott O&O

top_prop

Thanks for closing the loop on this one. Glad you had a spare! Good luck with the warranty.

I followed the TM when I discovered the bad ground... would you believe it doesn't direct you to check the ground! :mad: And it scrares the crap out of the inlaws when you hit the accelerator to get out of the way of an ambulance while going up hill and then can't get the accellerator off the floor (becuase my ground wire held it full forward)...

anyways I digress.... good thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks