• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 dog / K9 barrier?

stranger75

What have you M1009-driving pet owners done to keep your dog confined to the cargo area (behind rear seat)? I have a 2 yr old boxer that can be ... enthusiastic when riding and or left in the truck. I would like to devise a way to keep her in the rear where there isn't much she can tear up or scratch.

I know there are aftermarket products available, (such as the ones found here: http://www.sportomotoring.com/chevy-blazer-pet-travel.html#3068544270141973) but I would like to hear of user's tales of how they perform and hold up.

I was thinking of re-purposing cargo netting? If anyone has built their own solution I would really enjoy seeing pictures.

stranger75

I think something like this would work well. I could install hooks of some sort to attach it, then installation and removal would be quick. It would fold up small for storage too.

Attachments

stationjj

stranger75

My only concern is your dog getting to hot during summer in the cargo area. With your new sliding rear windows and tinted may help?

I say this because my lab would get hot in the rear cargo area in my SUV with A/C.

The like the cargo netting. Where did you find? You could attach many molle packs to it.

stationjj