• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 door adjustment question

rodman68

I found the tm about adjusting the door, I am guessing the front fender needs to come off? What it looks like is the door was taken off for possible fixing a dent in it due to it has some bad bondo work on it. I can see the original marks were the hinges were and the stricker is of also. The hinge pins seem ok no play in them at least on that side the driver side ones are going bad. I was thinking about lining up the hinge marks to the door and then seeing if the hinge to the vehicle line up to the original markings, my luck this is not the original door. Any other pointers out there that I should look for?

dependable

You do not need to take fender off. If hinges are on door, take them off and line it up to old marks and bolt to body, that should get you close. Then put door on hinges. This job can be done alone, but it is easier to do adjustments with a helper.