• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Door tag

covert

I need to know what the tag on the drivers door says. Mine is faded and part of it is missing. This info will help me in trying to get the thing title and plates. Thanks in advance. Its sticker type of affair

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's one I found with a Google image search for "cucv door tag".

Attachments

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Again, Google image search for "CUCV VIN tag"

This tag is located on the door jamb, below the striker bolt.

Attachments

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also find this info in the basic operators manual (-10TM).

I have never seen the vintag on a door of a CUCV. They have always been under the door striker bolt, on the jamb.

Attachments

Last edited:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That tag in door jamb is not the one for DMV the one on the dash is what they need OEM MFG VIN Plate and has factory rivet that was install at Truck & Bus Flint Mi.
the door jamb tag is to show that was Military spec Equipment with Restation NO and M?????? status of said equipment.

covert

So I take it all you guy who have an M1009, do not have a sticker type tag on the driver side door (its on the edge, cant see it when the door is closed) about lower window height?
On the civilian blazers this sticker says it meets federal safety standards. Now mine has the sticker but like I said if too faded to read. So I'm trying to find out from others what this sticker says. Thanks again.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
So I take it all you guy who have an M1009, do not have a sticker type tag on the driver side door (its on the edge, cant see it when the door is closed) about lower window height?
On the civilian blazers this sticker says it meets federal safety standards. Now mine has the sticker but like I said if too faded to read. So I'm trying to find out from others what this sticker says. Thanks again.
ok, i know what your talking about now, but don't have a picture right now

covert

M1031cmt thanks. thats the sticker i am talking about. could you post what it says? Thats the info I need.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
the bottoms section states:

This vehicle conforms to all applicable fede-
ral motor vehicle safety standards in effect
on the date of manufacture shown above

Firejareen

Iowa must be a strange bird. That sticker has nothing on it for the purposes of titling. It only states the tire sizes and some general info about the truck. The vin is the only thing you should need for titling a CUCV. And maybe the weight. It is a Chevrolet Blazer or 1-ton Pickup. It has a 6.2l diesel motor and drives on four tires. Thats it.

covert

The Iowa DOT WILL NOT title and plate a vehical that does not meet the federal moter vehical safty standards. It sucks good thing I titled my Deuse's before the "CRACK DOWN". Its enough to make me consider moving.
Thanks for your help I now know beond a dought it does in fact meet the federal standards.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should have just asked that, we would have told you they do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks