• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 dual shock mount

cucv1833

Just ordered Skyjackers dual front shock mount# DS250
. Any body every use this or installed one. Looks pretty straight forward.

I bought and installed a used 2.5" skyjacker lift from a guy that had dual front shocks. Ive had the lift for about a year now and still have the extra 2 front shocks so thats why I purchased this.

Attachments

auron

It is very strait forward I have dual shocks on my 88 suburban ant they look / work great even though I broke one of the shock mounts off the axle from being airborn one to many times

cucv1833

I dont want to hijack your thread but I would be curious to know how you happened to come across a use lift kit?

Well mine friend owns a offroad shop and I went to visit him and he had a 2.5" lift laying on the floor. It was only a few months old. The guy installed it then wanted bigger. So I got it for $300 installed 6-shocks front leafs and blocks, and hardware.

if your interested. i know of a used 4" kit in everett. guy i work with, he offered it to me but i already have a lift.
Thanks for the heads up but Im happy for now. I will install the dual shock mount with extra shocks for now. Then in the future I will Install the extra set of 1" zero rates to the front that I already have and remove the blocks in the rear and replace with 4" shackle flip and longer brake lines.

Last edited:

bshupe

oops that was for bshupe. Everett is a little south of mount vernon. Washington state that is.
Thanks Axeman! I am more than interested. Do you have any idea what exactly it is? If not, no sweat. Maybe PM me the contact information or I can forward mine to you and you can pass it along.

Thanks again! :grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks