• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 electical issue

NovacaineFix

Turns out the black out switch had been flipped, likely by accident after I left it at the garage. Also even though the right side bulb when tested for continuity looked fine but when inserted into the socket did not work. Replaced the bulb and now I have functional brake and signal lights. I am still left with the situation of activating the right hand signal causes the fuel gauge to drop until it shows empty. This is all a new process to me I do have a multimeter and have been gaining more knowledge of how when and to what purpose to use it.

The good news: No charge from the mechanic. He remains puzzled about as to why the signal light effects the fuel gauge. But at least it's back on the road. The solution is bound to present itself at some point.

Again - Thanks to all for your help.
Check your printed circuit on the back of the cluster, I had the same issue from removing and installing mine and it was a folded over copper strip cross-circuiting over into the fuel gage circuit. Same exact thing, right turn signal on, fuel gauge would continue to climb with each blink.
I believe the replacement circuits that you can get from LMC are exactly the same, just have to make sure to get one for lights and not gages.

Just to concur with Rvitko, most people over complicate the 12/24 volt system on these, it's really not that difficult. It's easy to blame when you don't understand it.

Also, just wanted to point out in case you didn't already know, All your needed TM's are Right Here!