• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Engine RPM

AECS

I have a 1985 M1009, approximately 50,000 miles on it. It starts easy, and runs great. Problem is, when started cold, it fires right up and the cold advance/fast idle seem to work great, abut 2 minutes into the warm up, the RPM start to climb slowly, until it is racing pretty good. Once it warms up a minute or two later the fast idle shuts down, RPM drop to normal and all is well.

I have not done any IP or injector work.

cucvrus

I just had a friends doing the same thing. I removed the fast idle solenoid and blew it out and sprayed some lube on it. It seems to be working fine now. Or should I say I have not heard back from him since about the issue. I see him often and he says nothing about it. When I ask 2 weeks after fixing it he said it was fine. So I left it at that. Good Luck I hope that helps you out. I seen you ask and didn't want to let you hanging with out an answer. I thought someone else would chime in. Have a nice day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks