• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009, first drive

bigginstactical

Nothing in the pics is that huge of a concern. It is a bit rusty but you should be able to fix everything. The frame Id take simple things off of it... pressure wash it and hit is with a wire brush to knock the loose stuff off and then brush on POR15 or hammerite. Our shop we use both but I have had the best results with POR15. As far as panel replacements just remember its easier to cut a little more off then it is to add it back haha. You seem like you have a get it done attitude i'm sure you will have this thing looking good in no time!

robd

I think the floor pans / rockers first... My 4 year old is enamored by the truck, and want's to ride in it, I want to get it as tetanus-free as possible.

I'm wrestling with whether to do a FATMAT on the floor, bed lining, or something else...

From there, I'm not sure... Will want to tackle insulation, under-body rust removal / undercoating, new dash, and panel repairs... not sure what order. Finally, a paint job back to 383 Green. :)

Any advise/guidance/cost saving maneuvers on the above tasks would be much appreciated...