• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 fording exhaust

paramilusmc

So after adding the snorkel to my M1009, I realize there is more to making your BOV (bug out vehicle) submersible than just the air intake.

Next on the list is an exhaust, that should obviously be just as high as the intake. so I was looking thorough the net and found this picture which has peaked my curiosity.

What do you think? It would eliminate the dual exhaust, making it a two into one system. Thinking it could end with a 4 inch stainless exhaust pipe just like the snorkel.

Interested in what it would take to accomplish this and what the site says about this set up.

Attachments

paramilusmc

No No the green truck is just a picture I found on the net picturing what i was thinking about doing to the exhaust, mine is the tan truck I just posted.

Last edited:

paramilusmc

As long as its running, when there is not and presure coming out of the exhaust then water comes in to the engine, not what I want to have happen to my CUCV, even if it means the off chance that it stalls while fording. To expensive of a chance to take.

Anubis8472

The exhaust is a tough one to do on a blazer body. Without looking terrible, that is.
Isn't there some way to set up a 'drain trap' style bend, or a 'check valve' type setup? Like a 'cage' on the end of the pipe with a ball and spring, granted you would be introducing some backpressure.
I've seen a system somewhere set up with an electric blower through a check valve that draws air from the intake snorkel and pressurizes the exhaust in event of a stall, wish I could remember where.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That exhaust looks like a good thing to hang on and get ripped off in the event you're somewhere it shouldn't be.

Focus your efforts on waterproofing the electrical system on a CUCV. You also should extend the axle, t-case, and trans vents up to your snorkel as well.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since CUCV's don't have waterproof electrical connectors, I would think you would have several problems before the exhaust came into question.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks