• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 frees stuck tractor trailer

jw4x4

So many people under estimate the power of a snatchin' strap. Far better tool than a chain, cable, or tow strap in this instance.

Bighurt

The Freightliner is helping itself, it just needs the snachin' strap to over come the lack of friction at the drive tires. Completely believable in my opinion.

And people thought wheel chocks just kept things from rolling away...

hoplite666

Well, yeah. I broke him free and helped him along. No kidding a m1009 isnt gonna drag a tractor trailer along. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Corvette1974

Awesome. Its great to see CUCVs doing work, I'm sure that truck driver was very thankful! This snow storm is a mess....

What did you use for a recovery strap? It seemed to do well with a huge load.

Will

hoplite666

I've got a duffle bag full of shackles, snatch straps, tow straps and chain. I leave it in the back of the the rig. Everything in there I have had since my high school days of tearing through power line trails and service roads. It's sort of a rats nest.
As with everything else, it comes down to having the right tool for the job. I'm sure this particular strap is rated for less load then it went through there, but way too often do I see people not yanking the way you're supposed to. Leave enough slack, give it a good jerk, you'll be surprised what you can do.

hoplite666

I have to say. My m1009 is my first hands on experience with a full size {or close to full size} 4x4 aside from my dad's civilian hummer when it comes to heavy snow driving. The M1009 cuts through everything. I give credit to the narrow bfg all terrains and the good front/rear weight ratio. I tore through literally everything from 4ft snow banks to 1ft deep unmolested snow covered roads with absolute ease. I blasted through and around stuck toyota's in deep snow piles. NO PROBLEM at all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks