• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 front hubs

63bravo

well had problems with the hubs in our latest snow storm, both broke , pulled them apart found all the plastic things broke , just went and picked up a set of super winch hubs ,60 bucks , you guys thing ill make it through the next storm ??

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should, Since they are new they aren't lacking any maintenance yet.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never broke one in 35 years.

Had you serviced your hubs prior to using them?

Water and grease make greasy ice. That may have been your issue.

Did you turn them until they broke, or ?

63bravo

yes it was my fault i forced them with pliars,i was stuck on a icy hill went to lock them in and they were stuck, i just picked the truck up and this is the first time i had to use it ,,

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay I have to say a couple of things.

First you may want to have all of you questions in one thread. That way everyone is on the same page with your truck issues.

Second, in the website rules it asks you to use capitalization. At night I use my cell phone and have to continuosly correct my work for capitals, punctuation, spelling, etc. I know it can be done.

It gets annoying reading posts with no caps or all caps or run on sentences.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes it was my fault i forced them with pliars,i was stuck on a icy hill went to lock them in and they were stuck, i just picked the truck up and this is the first time i had to use it ,,

Sounds like ice in the locks. It may be a good idea to service the entire hub. No telling what is inside.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or just carry several hammers, pry bars and pliers for the next storm.

We take pride in this site.

Tonight you have posted a bunch of threads and made no effort to capitalize in any of them.

We have a rule that requires members try to capitalize.

We take pride in this site. It is a useful record that can help others for years to come.

Posting(sentences with capitalization and punctuation) in a standard manor taught to us as children is not too much to ask, is it?

We obviously want to help you, won't you help us?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks