• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Front Turn Signal Housing?

Wetbehindears

Hey Everyone.... did some searching but still uncertain.

I replaced the front fender blinkers on my M1009. I ordered the L and R Front Turn Signal Housing on RockAuto (the ones below the headlights), however the ones I received would not work. Looking online I can figure out if the grill is different on the M1009's from the civy models? Looks like "some" of the M1008's share the same from grill, and some dont. Any body know what year and model I should be ordering for to replace these?

cpf240

The CUCVs are all *supposed* to be based on the '84 model year parts.

However, there do seem to be some inevitable differences.

For example, some have found wiring in the dash harness for the older style neutral safety switch, which, in at least one case, just had a jumper plug in it. Another example is the seat bases in some ( all? ) '86 M1009 are different from the others.

So, in general, you want to look for '84 parts, but always compare where possible. The LMC or Classic Auto parts catalogs, with pictures, are a good place to start. It is nice to see the year ranges for the parts, etc.

Last edited: