• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 fuel inlet hose

frankieg

The inlet rubber preformed fuel hose (part # 14063391) is leaking. This is the hose that goes on the lift pump. NOBODY can get me this hose. GM says it is obsolete and all parts stores can't get it. Has anybody replaced this hose with something else?
Thanks

acmunro

I think it is actually 1/4" fuel line from the Fuel Filter to the inlet on the IP. I have replaced it on several of my trucks with regular fuel line.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have replaced one also. Just make sure you use a line long enough so you will have a sweeping bend and no kinks.

frankieg

Inlet fuel line

Thanks for the advice. If I run regular hose, then you just by-pass the steel line? I tried to use regular line and still use the steel line and it had kinked on me because of the sharp bends.
Thanks

lavarok

Did you end up solving your problem? Quite a few of the original posters didn't read your issue correctly. Frankieg wants to replace the hose that goes from the metal fuel line on the frame to the LIFT pump, not the injection pump. It is a rubber prebent(molded) hose.

I have been trying to source the original part as well with no luck and will be tackling the issue this weekend on my M1008. I'll probably just try to use a long enough piece of rubber hose so to keep the kinks from forming. I can't believe no-one makes this hose anymore!

puppy

Cut the 90* bend off at the frame( the one that points toward the rear axle) and slip a new rubber hose and clamp on it at the frame. This will eliminate that S shaped hose that has no reason to be that shape and replace it with a common part that has one 90* bend in it(or less). I just did this on my M1028.

I didn't want to go to cutting on it but I can't figure why in the world that funny hose was ever on there to begin with???

First I tried to just place a piece of hose back in the original place and it kinked in two places.

SmokeyDod

The fuel line from (rubber section) fuel tank to lift pump on bott. front is 3/8" line. You should not use std rubber line. It MUST be desiginated "fuel line". I just had to do what you are doing. Gates line is "SAE30R7 XL Fuel line 3/8". Just cut it a little long and if have to use some tie wraps to help hold it out to bigger radius to keep from crimping.

frankieg

M1009 fuel line

I did replace the fuel line - I just used regular 3/8 fuel line and re-routed it so it wouldn't kink. I also used plastic loom to isolate it and used lots of plastic zip ties

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suspect that the 90 deg bend is for the M1010 add on piece. I agree that
it should be cut off and debured. I would slip a long amount of rubber tubing on
the cutoff end and secure with multiple clamps. Also do what is necessary to avoid kinks
as outlined above.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks