• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009: fuel level sending unit, & towing hitch?

Josdantro

1984 M1009: my fuel sending unit failed and i am not 100% sure which is the correct FSU for my 1009. Can someone help confirm I get the right part?

From what I am understanding, the 1009 has a 27g fuel tank. When I search for a FSU for the civi blazer 6.2 all I am seeing is a FSU for a 25 and a 31g tank. Also I see that some have 3 and 4 lines. I do not want to drop the tank until I have the unit to swap, so I am unsure how many hoses are on the one currently installed on my truck.

Secondly, is the "fuel tank sock filter" attached to the FSU, or do I purchase that separately from the FSU?

What ball hitch receiver works for the 1009?

If you have part numbers that would be AWESOME, but even the answer to how many lines or what capacity tank I need the unit for would help.

Thanks

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1984 M1009: my fuel sending unit failed and i am not 100% sure which is the correct FSU for my 1009. Can someone help confirm I get the right part?

From what I am understanding, the 1009 has a 27g fuel tank. When I search for a FSU for the civi blazer 6.2 all I am seeing is a FSU for a 25 and a 31g tank. Also I see that some have 3 and 4 lines. I do not want to drop the tank until I have the unit to swap, so I am unsure how many hoses are on the one currently installed on my truck.

Secondly, is the "fuel tank sock filter" attached to the FSU, or do I purchase that separately from the FSU?

If you have part numbers that would be AWESOME, but even the answer to how many lines or what capacity tank I need the unit for would help.

Thanks
Regarding the sending unit - The GM part number in the -34P technical manual is 25004140 as shown in Figure 18 on Page 56. I suggest you stay away from the Chinese junk and source a Spectre from Canada. You can get this from Kentucky Speed Shop- Lee Ingram at 859-707-8120. Just specify it is for a ‘84 Chevy Blazer.
Hope this helps.

37804452-59A3-4435-B92D-95F767BB2054.jpeg7CC6C4D4-6740-4386-AD03-7FB0EE3FCD9D.jpeg

Josdantro

Regarding the sending unit - The GM part number in the -34P technical manual is 25004140 as shown in Figure 18 on Page 56. I suggest you stay away from the Chinese junk and source a Spectre from Canada. You can get this from Kentucky Speed Shop- Lee Ingram at 859-707-8120. Just specify it is for a ‘84 Chevy Blazer.
Hope this helps.

View attachment 835307View attachment 835308
Thank you so much! I have a really hard time with the TMs bc I do not have computer access, very hard to read PDF on my smartphone. Thanks for breaking that down for me, I can't find anywhere to print the TM without costing an arm and a kidney! Thank you so much!

MarcusOReallyus

Thank you so much! I have a really hard time with the TMs bc I do not have computer access, very hard to read PDF on my smartphone.

That's going to be tough for you. The TMs are a wealth of information. If you can get a cheap tablet, even, it would help. Doesn't even need to be connected to the Internet. You can download the TMs onto your phone and then transfer them to a tablet or cheap used laptop. You can pick them up on Craigslist for under two hundred bucks.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial

Thanks
Oh MY
I don't do any research, I just pick peoples brains here

Josdantro

Oh MY
I don't do any research, I just pick peoples brains here
Actually did a lot of research just not the TM. I pointed out that I knew the capacity of the civi models and such, not because I am a good guesser, however because it was part of my research. Couldn't conclude anything with Google research and what I have at my fingertips. Thanks for the useless comment though

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
A bit harsh of a response isn't it.
Everyone starts out as a new member on this site. Its a bit of a learning curb for all who enter.

Keep in mind, "Patience is a virtue and it requires self control".
OK then, considering no computer. Maybe borrow or buy a computer to store the TM's in. Reading them is easy in PDF form and easily searchable too. There is no need to print out TM's .
This is a good place to get your TM's is sorted rather well
With the item number pictured as in post #2 you can get the NSN and part number of it from preceding page or the page after.
Put that number into Part target, google, and eBay to get exactly what you need.
This is from Part Target so you can see it on phone

Keith_J

That's going to be tough for you. The TMs are a wealth of information. If you can get a cheap tablet, even, it would help. Doesn't even need to be connected to the Internet. You can download the TMs onto your phone and then transfer them to a tablet or cheap used laptop. You can pick them up on Craigslist for under two hundred bucks.
I was gifted a Kindle Fire 7 from uncle Jeff. It works great for TMs. Under 50 doll hairs and enough bit storage internally for all the TMs.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I downloaded the TMs into my IPhone. I also downloaded the free Acrobat Reader from the App Store. Now all I have to do is open Acrobat and touch the TM I want to see and there it is. I can go to any page or even search. Usually I go to a certain diagram to identify a part and then scroll to the next page to see the part number. In fact, the images I posted in Post #2 above were screen shots from the -34P on my phone. If you didn’t already know this, if you are looking at something on your iPhone and want to capture a photo of what you are looking at, all you have to do is press the big bottom button and the right side button AT THE SAME TIME to capture a screen shot. Then you can open the image and crop it and brighten/darken it as desired. The image will then be available in your iPhone’s photo library to use as you wish. That is exactly how I posted the 2 images in Post #2. Go ahead and try it.
Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks