• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 fuel pump and push rod replacement question

fastbuckink

I'm replacing the fuel pump in my 1009. The push rod feels like it is wedged against the mounting plate. Item 5 on 3-17 in tm-9-2320-289-20. Is this normal? I replaced one on a 6.5 before and it just slid out or was hanging there.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. You will need to remove the plate and push the rod back into place. It also helps to apply some grease to hold it up.

paladin1176

Lots of grease...I went light on mine and knocked it loose. Twenty minutes of cranking before I realized it dropped. Next time I am taking a block off plate from a 6.5 and running an electric lift pump.

fastbuckink

Ill try to pry the plate off tomorrow. I was going to go electric but the parts place had mechanical one in stock. the nut on the fuel line fitting stripped so i pulled the intake manifold so i could remove the hard line. Im just going to replace it with fuel hose.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
PUT the pushrod in the freezer for a bit, get it good and cold, after a bit take it out, put grease on it, push it up in the hole in a COLD engine, this WILL give you a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time window to work in.

nyoffroad

If your still haveing trouble with it staying up (no pun intended) take a hack saw blade break off a piece about 4-6" long and grind the teeth off and clean the paint off. Use this 'tool' to slip in between the pump and housing to hold the push rod up till you get the pump in place and then just slide it out.
Nope I've NEVER had this problem before.aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks