• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 gauge problems

MT4222

Hi I have a m1009 with original size tires and the speedometer reads 10 mph faster than what I am doing. The fuel gauge is also stuck at 1/2 tank .. Any ideas on how to fix these would be appreciated. Thank you.

Barrman

Is it a constant 10 mph over or just fast at speed? All the time too fast and I would think somebody changed out the drive or driven gear for the cable in the tease. Sometimes too fast and jumping then I would suspect a bad cable or casing causing it to wind up. It is a 85 mph speedo, not a 110 speedo?

The -20 manual has a great section on how to diagnose electrical gauge issues. Pretty much it can be the gauge, the wiring at the back of the gauge panel, the sensor wire, the connection at the sender, the sender or the sender ground.

MT4222

It is a constant 10 mph over and it came directly from government liquidation so I don't know who would have changed the gear. Any ideas why the fuel gauge is stuck at 1/2 ? Thank you

cucv1833

It is a constant 10 mph over and it came directly from government liquidation so I don't know who would have changed the gear. Any ideas why the fuel gauge is stuck at 1/2 ? Thank you
Really need to check the TM -20 manual. Do the testing as per the TM.
It should help pin point the problem.

Mine just started showing half full after I cleaned up the instrument cluster. But first I think you should check the ground under the dash by the E-Brake then the ground on the Frame for sending unit. , clean the fuel gauge terminals, Make sure the main plug into the instument cluster is clean and Tight.

Speedo- On the M-1009 theres supposed to be a adapter that the Speedo cable goes to on the transfer case. Theres no adapter on the M-1008. If the adapter is removed on yours that may be the promlem. SO many differnt options. Cable, gauge, adapter, Speedo gears. I just changed my speedo cause it was jumping and now it works great.

I tried to clean it but desroyed it. :-(

Do some testing and searching then report back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks