• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Glow Plugs

bgfd2216

I have a 1984 M1009 I have replaced the glow plugs with new ones and it still will not start. I have tested to see if I any volts at the glow plugs and I am not showing any. Anyone have any ideas?

Barrman

Welcome to the site and follow the above link to get the manuals. The -20 has a huge 70 odd page trouble shooting section. It will walk you through how to check every part of what is causing your troubles.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just help out, they are talking about the TM 9-2320-289-20 and TM 9-2320-289-34 Technical Manuals. Available for free at JATonka's website.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are multiple pieces to the GP system puzzle. You have to check that each one of them are working properly.

There is the:
fuse
fusable links
GP relay
GP Controler card
Temp switch in the engine head
all the associated wiring.
and the biggest of all

Is the truck Stock or has it been "modified"

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, it is on the firewall, under the hood.

bgfd2216

I am not having any luck finding the glow plug relay on the firewall I have found the glow plug card under the dash but can not find the relay.