• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 grill and headlight bezels

Ordak

So I have been looking to find an original grill and 2 headlight bezels for my m1009. I have had no luck in finding any yet. I did see a grill on Ebay for $170 but that seems a little steep to me. I cannot even find a headlight bezel for it. So if I do find a grill and headlight bezels how much are they worth? I do not need them but the silver grill on mine looks out of place. I would not mind finding a black one (or paint the current one) but I would prefer an original.

bl71236

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brand new reproduction from LMC, all 3 would run $86.00 before shipping. You would still have to paint them. Also the grille would not have the cut outs for the slave plug and BO drive.

cucvrus

Take the new grille and cut the holes in it 013.jpg015.jpg014.jpgwhere you need them. i have done it on several grilles. i like the 87 grille best. i have used the 1991 grille also and cut out the holes.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$170 isn't expensive if you can't find another one.
If I needed one I wouldn't blink at that.

But on the other hand if same part was, say $500, I would not even consider it.
Only you know what your limit is.

At some point another one "should" become available.

Im looking now for two CUCVs strictly for parts.

Ordak

Thinking about what you guys said I think getting a new one from LMC and painting it would be best. Gonna be painting it next year just trying to get everything sorted out well in advance. Thanks Gentlemen!

cucvrus

Thinking about what you guys said I think getting a new one from LMC and painting it would be best. Gonna be painting it next year just trying to get everything sorted out well in advance. Thanks Gentlemen!
The one from LMC is sort of bland looking. It lacks the Bow-tie and is very thin at the corners that are already thin. I have a few of the OEM CUCV grilles and bezels but they are NOT cheapo's. Good original parts you will have to pay for or use salvage yard OEM parts. I grab every grille I see. Did you know a G Van grille from the same vintage will fit the CUCV. You need to do minor trimming but it fits and you can not tell the difference.

Ordak

The one from LMC is sort of bland looking. It lacks the Bow-tie and is very thin at the corners that are already thin. I have a few of the OEM CUCV grilles and bezels but they are NOT cheapo's. Good original parts you will have to pay for or use salvage yard OEM parts. I grab every grille I see. Did you know a G Van grille from the same vintage will fit the CUCV. You need to do minor trimming but it fits and you can not tell the difference.
Alright thanks I will start looking for some grills off the G Vans (I believe there were a boat load last time) used ones when I head out to the scrap yards. I really would like to find an original one (love the bow-tie) and perhaps I might buy the one on Ebay and paint my existing headlight bezels to match.