• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 gun rack

Mike_Kendall

Hello, My brother just picked up my M1009 last week that was purchased from a company that uses vehicles in SoCal for movie companies. This one was used in the recent movie "the men who stare at goats" for several scenes. He said on the trailer for the movie there is a scene where George Clooney roughs a guy and breaks the window on the drivers side. Sure enough there is glass in the vehicle near the drivers door, cammo paint job matches, amonst other indicators it was really in the movie.
There is a gun rack behind the drivers seat for two rifles. I, unfortunately, do not own an M16A1 or M4. I do own several other guns such as a double barrel cammo/stainless receiver Ruger red label, a cammo pump turkey hunting 12 gauge, an old auto 12 guage, an SLR-95 milled receiver bulgarian sporterized AK, old springfield survival .410/.22 and a 7MM magnum deer hunting rifle with a scope to name most of the rifles.
Will I be able to fit any or all of these guns in the gun rack or am I now going to have to drop alot of money to buy the right gun for the rack? I would hate to take a nice gun rack out if I can put it to good use. Advanced thanks to all that participate in this great web site.
Mike

croftonaviation

sounds like a nice truck. Someone else can come along and point out that they do not like discussing firearms on this forum in any context other than if it is mounted to a MV.

Bobert

Is there a m1009 in the movie? I have only seen the commercial where george clooney goes over a jump and runs a guy down in a m1008.

I might watch it if it ever makes it to tv.

ChevyFan1207

My Remington 1100 won't fit. My old truck had a gun rack in the back window (I live in TN, and I am a redneck) so when my trusty shotgun wouldn't fit, I was a little hurt. I talk to my dad and he's got a couple guns that may fit. I'll let you know after I visit him for Christmas.

Post some pics of that truck, sounds like it should be in excellent shape. Now I think someone else mentioned it already, ssshhh about guns.