• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 headlight problems

ida34

RE: lights at last

Are you talking about the switch to the right. This is the switch that turns on the service lights, blackout lights, or turns everything off. Up is service (regular lights) middle is off, and down is blackouts. With the right switch in blackout you can turn on the blackout drive with the other switch by pulling it out and up. The down position is spring loaded and will turn off the blackout drive light. With the right switch in the service light position power is given to the regular headlight switch so you have to have the military switch in the service drive position and the regular headlight switch on for you to get headlights and brake lights. I keep the right switch in the service drive position all the time and just use the regular switch to control the headlights. If you do not have the right switch in the service drive position you will not have turn signals or brake lights.

Did you put the right switch in the up position to get everything to work? If so, leave it there so you have brake lights.

aja458

the blackout switch(the one on the right) had to be in the down position to get my headlights to work.in the down position, i know i still have turn signals,i didnt try the brake lights-was happy to have headlights.i`ll check tomorrow if i got brake lights

ida34

Sounds like that switch is broken. I am pretty sure the service drive position is up on that switch. If you need one I will check my Junkvee to see if I have one in it.

ida34

Do the blackouts work with the switch in the opposite position? Maybe someone installed it upside down accidently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks