• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 headlight relay installation question

MarcusOReallyus

Okay, I see where you're going.

Here's another approach to consider:

Mount the relays near the headlights. Cut off the existing headlight socket, put 1/4" female connectors on the ends, and connect them directly to the relay for your triggers. Then run one 12 gauge wire from 12v to the relay, and connect the relays to the new ceramic socket. One big 12v wire to the relays, and the rest of the wiring is contained right near the headlights, where they are out of the way, you have short runs from your relays to the headlights, and everything is neatly together for future modifications or repairs. Might need 4 relays for that setup, but that's a trivial cost.

pbrstreetgang

I installed an LMC harness on my truck a couple of years back and started running it with Sylvania silver stars. Awesome light output, but now I am replacing bulbs a couple of times a year give or take. Any suggestions on this. Too hot??? Would cutting back to regular bulbs help, or is there a bad ground somewhere? It never blows both at the same time, but only knocks one out.

scottladdy

... but now I am replacing bulbs a couple of times a year give or take ...
Yes. Check the expected bulb life and compare it to standard bulbs. Life is pretty short but the light output is very noticeable.

I tried the Silver Stars a few years ago. Didn't pay attention to the rated life. After I blew a set in a short time, learned about the life expectancy, and considered the extra cost for the bulbs I decided to stick with standard bulbs.

Sergeant1983

I put the LMC harness in and just it alone did increase the brightness. Then I went and upgraded one side to the HG bulb and it looked like it doubled the output.