• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 headlights

Buckeye2000

Ok, this is probably a stupid question and I'm prepared for any abuse......:oops:

After bringing the truck home on Saturday, I've been chasing down some electrical gremlins (dash lights etc). All of those are straightened out, which is a minor miracle since I'm usually awful with wiring/electrical.

I need to replace a headlight, and since this is a 24v system, can I just get a regular headlight at the auto parts store? From reading the 20p I know the part number, but I don't want to screw up an electrical system that I somehow have working well at the moment.

24v is new to me, so thanks in advance for any tips.

Tnrobocop

Plain old civilian headlights.

Mine is a 85 and I had a 84 and both use the same headlights.

Sylvania Extravision H6054 is what I currently have installed. Like $12 from Wally World.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks