• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 help

Rescue913

I have a 1984 M1009 I just got the transmission replaced in. The donor was also a M1009 TH400.

I have some problems and questions. The transmission will not downshift into 1st when I stop I have to shift it my self with the shifter. Once I shift it into 1st it shifts normally all the way to 3rd. It will not down shift at WOT either. I think it could be the modulator valve is bad or maybe not adjusted correctly. Is there anything else that it could be?

Second I need a tac on this thing can someone point me to a part # or where I can get one for my 6.2

Hogg

I dont know much about these kind of things, but Ive read about vacuum lines causing the reverse of your problem.... Not letting the tranny shift up to a higher gear or causing it to shift at really high RPM... Just guessing but have no idea what might be causing your problem. Good luck, Im sure these guys will have an answer sooner or later

rnd-motorsports

If your trans will not downshift do not bother with the modulater look at the gov I will bet its sticking If you still have the old one pull it and swap it into the new trans sounds like it has dirt,rust or somthing in it or maybe just a bad spring. If your not sure what it is its behind the 4 bolt cover on the side of the trans! let us know if it fixes it!

Rescue913

well the new th400 stopped pulling at all so i guess the shifting issue was a bad transmission for the 2nd time. 2 dead th400s maybe i need a 4 speed manual.

Friar Mycgyver

Have you tried looking on eBay. I believe there is an instrument cluster for sale there. I would also check the classified section here to see if anyone is parting out a cucv.

Rescue913

Got another question guys. We think it is the converter that went bad. I went to get one and all they have is 3 lug 13in 11.5 bolt circle 1350 stall converters.
the one in my 1009 is 6 lug not sure of bolt circle or if it is 11 12 or 13in. Will this work? it is the converter for 6.2 diesel in 2500 3500 c20 c30 an blazer that comes up from napa and oreillys

Last edited:

Rescue913

napa and oreillys said this is the diesel converter. they both told me they dont make 6lug anymore. This 3 lug converter is listed as for any 6.2 diesel with a TH400

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks