• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Hydro boost

kipman

What are the symptoms of a hydro boost going bad? my 1009 brakes were working great, once in a while the brake light would come on, the pedal was about half of normal, and took more effort to stop the truck, pump the pedal one time, back to normal, it did this a few times over the last 2 years, now the light is on, pumping the brakes does not help, master cylinder is full. no leaks that I can find.

GoinNutts

When you say pump the pedal do you mean the pedal goes to the floor or the pedal is high like the truck was not running? If pedal goes to floor and pumping brings pedal up it means air in the lines. If the pedal is high and stiff and acts like the truck is not running check PS fluid be sure it is full and all the hoses are good. Email diagnostics are hard good luck

kipman

All fluids are good, not to the floor,the more I think about it, it most likely is the Master cylinder, thanks for the reply.

Bolt

Low Brake Pedal

The seals in the master cylinder won't seal against the pitted bore. Water got in over the years, sank to the bottom of the bore and rusted creating an uneven surface for the seals to seal against. They may work ok when you hit the pedal hard, but the pedal might sink when applied slowly. You were correct, it's a master cylinder problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks