• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 interior pics

Hogg

Here are a few pics of my M1009 interior... New door panels and center consol installed.... Highliner headliner and neoprene seat covers going in this week. I'll post some more when I get them installed...

:beer:

Attachments

Wrench Wench

I've love to see what a "combat ready" 1009 would look like. I've never seen one with a full complement of supplies looked like. By the time I see them on GL, they're pretty well gutted.

Those seats are definitely the snazziest I've ever seen. What did you use on them? (She asks, expecting the answer Armorall.)

ryan77

Looks great, Idahoplowboy LMC truck has a stock looking center council listed, im going to get one for mine.

Hogg

Thanks, I got my consol online at amazon.com. Its made by rampage... Its for a Jeep CJ but it fit perfectly in the M1009... Best thing was the mounting bracket in the rear of it, it set it up level and high enough to use as an armrest. I only used soapy water on the seats. Only getting seat covers cause that vynle get pretty D*** hot down here in SC Oklahoma...

firecontrol86

Is the console you got off amazon the one for the 76-95 CJ7/8? I really like the way that looks in there and the rear bracket in the rear your talking about. How is it secured to the floor?

Hogg

I looked at the one LMC has, and I'm sure it would fit just fine in a M1009. I liked the after market consoles better because they are padded and set up higher than the ones LMC has... Mine also locks and has a plastic container than fits inside that will hold a six pack and ice.... It came with hardware to install it, but me and Simoncrk had had a few the day we decided to put it in so we just grabbed a handful of 1 1/2" self tappin screws and zapped them in it... it worked just fine and we didnt have to drill big holes in the floor....

KyCUCVs

I got the same console from JC Whitney years ago. I don't think they carry it any more. It has the coin holder and sunglasses holder on the front and passenger cupholders in the rear. I put it in my 95 Impala SS. The stock console was too narrow and could not be used as an armrest. This console worked out well in the car, but the cupholders were the worst. Not deep enough. Full cups would fall over during braking, acceleration or hard turns.

I have a console from a civilian Blazer in my M1009. All hard plastic, easy to paint, much more room inside. And the cupholders work.

simoncrk

but me and Simoncrk had had a few the day we decided to put it in so we just grabbed a handful of 1 1/2" self tappin screws and zapped them in it...

That maybe why it looks a lil crooked..... LOL

Last edited: