• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 IP Solenoid

tgtaylor64

Is there a trick to putting the top of the IP (the part with the electrical connections and houses the fuel shut-off solenoid) on correctly? The solenoid works fine off and the bowl is full of fuel. New stock filter and new lift pump. Showing 8 to 10 psi to the IP but no smoke and no start. It is as if the solenoid is not engaging whatever it is suppose to.

Thanks,
TT

Chaski

20160225_210550.jpg

This should help. When the injection system is dry I remove the glow plugs and turn the engine over until it is purged. It is easy on the batteries, easy on the glow plugs and it only takes about 10 minutes to pull them all.

Last edited:

Barrman

Can you hear/feel the solenoid click when it is installed? Maybe your engine isn't grounded causing no power to flow to the solenoid when on the truck?

tgtaylor64

Barrman,

Yes, I can hear and feel it click. I removed the governor cover and can clearly see the solenoid move when energized. I even manually moved the lever with the cover off and tried to start it but nothing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks