• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 is a BEAST off road!

grayw0lf

A buddy of mine & I went for a ride yesterday about sunset. He rode my old 4 wheeler & me in my M1009. I must say that I'm quite impressed at its off-road capabilities! Many times I was crawling around where I probably shouldn't have been & it never let me down.

We never did find the exact little trail we came in on. We did find lots of little dead end trails along the way. The turning radius of these trucks is incredible. Clearcut sites that are difficult on a 4 wheeler were actually easier in the CUCV. The heavy front brush guards are great.

I'm new to the MV's & loving this thing! Next time I'll get pics.

John O>.

msoumas

A buddy of mine & I went for a ride yesterday about sunset. He rode my old 4 wheeler & me in my M1009. I must say that I'm quite impressed at its off-road capabilities! Many times I was crawling around where I probably shouldn't have been & it never let me down.

We never did find the exact little trail we came in on. We did find lots of little dead end trails along the way. The turning radius of these trucks is incredible. Clearcut sites that are difficult on a 4 wheeler were actually easier in the CUCV. The heavy front brush guards are great.

I'm new to the MV's & loving this thing! Next time I'll get pics.

John O>.

Yeah, they can be a lot of fun off road. First time I brought mine out, though, I bent the tie rod and steering stabilizer when I overestimated my clearance and tried to plow over a fallen tree. Don't do that. rofl

NEIOWA

Can any of you CUCV fans explain the interest in the pickup/Blazers? Not "real" military vehicles, just a so-so old Chevy with a few extras hung on. I don't get it. Typical owner/enthusiast seams to be a non-vet. Perhaps just missed out on driving for Sam so don't know what you missed and settling? The CUCVs were a improvment over Carter's M880s (now there was a POS) but that's about the only complement I can think of.

Mudstone

NEIOWA lots of cucv guys are vets not that that matters and if you don't get it... you don't get it.

ps. I love my M1009 on recentered humvee rims and 37s.

whatsagoodalias

Can any of you CUCV fans explain the interest in the pickup/Blazers? Not "real" military vehicles, just a so-so old Chevy with a few extras hung on. I don't get it. Typical owner/enthusiast seams to be a non-vet. Perhaps just missed out on driving for Sam so don't know what you missed and settling? The CUCVs were a improvment over Carter's M880s (now there was a POS) but that's about the only complement I can think of.
My interest with the M1008 is that it is fitted with a D60 up front, a locker out back, and 4.56 gears from the factory. Its a good start for a nice little off-road truck. But like mudstone said: if you don't get it, you don't get it. Different strokes for different folks, ya know? :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks