• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Jack mounting

Jetnoise400

Hi All,

I finally rounded up the factory jack for my M1009, and was all excited to get it installed. i have the mounting bolt in place, as well as the hold down bracket and the wing nut. I also have the decal in the truck with the stowage instructions, as well as the operators manual.

I have attempted to stow the jack as the diagrams suggest, but the bracket just doesn't want to hold the jack in place. It just slips out no matter how much I tighten the wing nut.

What am I doing wrong? Suggestions? Tips?

BTW, I'm still on the hunt for the correct jack crank handle and lug wrench. Any extras out there?

Thanks!

dilvoy

So at least my psychic abilities are still working at least half way! The angle on the neck of the jack where the curved clamp is not correct in my opinion and dosen't allow the clamp to firmly hold the jack. Usually the rubber mat keeps things in place until the jack sinks into it. It is always a concern though when a clamp is being placed over a angled surface on an item heavy enough to severly hurt someone, if it got loose. Once I used a zip tie and passed it through the bracket that the stud slides into and around the jack, as a way the keep the jack under the seat.

Jetnoise400

Ah ha! So I'm not going crazy after all... well... :)

Thanks for the tip...

I still need a jack crank handle and a lug wrench... anyone? anyone? Bueller?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I had another jack mount welded to the fuel filler cover in the back as well as the under-seat variety. Anyone else have one too?

dilvoy

Gasser, The one in back should be for holding the folding operating handle. It uses the same type of bolt with spring type nut, but uses a retaining piece under the wing nut to hold the folded operating rod against the sheetmetal of the vehicle. I think this retaining piece was sort of a C channel type thing with the ends trapping the folded rod set up in place.

I'd also like to find a stock jack, tire iron, etc for my 1009. Any suggestions?

Along similar lines, where do I find the bolts that hold the spare tire to the bracket?

dilvoy

I just looked to see what jack I had in my M1009 and it is a civi jack. The civi jacks have an extra hooked shape to the portion that lifts and the hold down loop sort of wedges between the hook and the body of the jack assy for a good hold.

mr.travo

Does anyone have pictures of a properly mounted 1009 jack? I am wanting to keep mine there under the seat and need to know what hardware I am looking for.

THANKS!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks