• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Jack Storage Photos For Reference

faststandard

Everybody, in an attempt to keep my son from being bored, I figured we would tackle what seemed like a simple project - putting the jack, the lug wrench, and the jack handle in his truck as it is supposed to be stored. Like I said, seemed like a simple enough job. If anyone has some photos that they can add to this post it would be great. We have all of the parts but can't seem to figure out how the items are supposed to be stored - perhaps some of the items are bent.

From the parts manual, the jack and lug wrench are supposed to go under the passenger seat. That said, the lug wrench that we have is longer that the width of the seat frame - is this correct?

For the jack handle, it is supposed to be stored folded up but we cannot determine if the pinned end with the joint is supposed to go inside the spare tire frame towards the quarter panel or outside the spare tire frame towards the spare tire itself.

As always, thanks for your help.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 86 1009 jack-jack handle-jack mount-and wrench are all mounted in the back by the spare. They of course were missing when I got it but a 2,000s vintage junk Ford van had a close match "never used". I gave the junkie $20 bucks and we were both happy. I decided to mount the jack horizontally on the quarter panel instead of the floor to keep it out of the way' The handle mount/wrench clamp was already attached to the fuel fill housing.

Attachments

cucvrus

Here's a nice stock Chevrolet Civilian truck set up that fits on the left inner fender well under the hood. P1000677.JPG P1000678.JPG P1000681.JPG I was digging around and came across lots of parts and misc. stuff. I had a vehicle that was going to the crusher and always clean up and fill it with scrap smalls and what ever is recyclable. I like the jack under the hood so I don't have to listen to it rattling in the cab. the cab is an acoustic nightmare as it is. Take Care and Be Safe.

faststandard

We seem to have all of the original parts and pieces except for the stock size carriage bolts/wing nuts which are no big deal to replace. I would just like to see a reference photo of the original parts and pieces in the factory original locations.

We will try that first and then make changes if noise is an issue. Aside from that, our jack has a drop leg on the top of the ram (different from the photos that CUCVRUS provide in the prior message).

cucvrus

That is a civilian jack that you have. that is for the earlier 80's model 2WD that were so low they came from the factory with

Tire Size(s)
225/75R15 = 28.3x8.9R15
235/75R15 = 28.9x9.3R15

tires and that loop goes on the front lower control arms. The jack would not have fit under the front any other way. And jacking on the frame was not an option the jack would run out of lift before the tire was off the ground.
This is a standard CUCV jack with the wider base plate for jacking in dirt. Jack.jpgunnamedstorage.jpg I hope that helps. The jack and tire iron 3/4" goes under the passenger side seat. Good Luck. I have a good assortment of the tie down hardware and we can trade.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks