• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 joy buzzer under dash

partime

M1009 has new starter, has the dog head starter relay, this morning will not start just sounds like a joy buzzer rattling under the dash. Pulled the gp card and checked both batteries and each battery is testing good, both 12 and 24 total. Could the new relay be bad, if so any ideas on how to bypass it?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off, check you batteries. The winter months are killing a bunch of them.

Charge them up and have them load tested. Just because they take a charge doesn't mean they are good.

From the description the relay isn't getting enough juice to engage.

And yes the relays can be bad from the factory.

partime

Thanks warthog....It was the batteries, well one of them anyway. With one good battery and one bad battery my relays would not engage. I replaced both batteries with group 31's from my local interstate dealer. They were $110 for both. I would highly recommend. Running strong now. Thanks for the help.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes us OLD FARTS do have some idea what we are talking about. ;-)

Good job....:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks