• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 keys

jaymcb

Mine were 'misplaced' by my 9 year old, who thought it would be a good idea to take the keys on a quad ride through 19 miles of trails.

I need a set, as my truck is a paperweight without them.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

ARYankee

Have you changed the ignition or door locks? If not then you are looking for 73Y2 on a "B" blank. Try EBay, that is where I got my keys from.

jaymcb

M1009 ignition cylinder replacement

Well, I read through the vehicle security, and the CUCV FAQ, and what I gleaned was that if you want to change your ignition cylinder, you need a specific tool. My set of keys is somewhere on a 19 mile ATV trail under snow/mud.:roll: I have the OEM cylinder, and a key for it.

Can anyone point me to a process/procedure to swap the ignition cylinder out, so I can get my 1009 back on the road?

Thank you in advance!

Barrman

You need two special tools. A steering wheel puller to pull the wheel and a spring compressor to push down the lock plate so the C clip can be removed. The manuals don't really show this procedure. However, there have been several threads about it in the past. Look at the bottom of this page for links to them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or read the TM, it covers this completely.

And next time, please simply continue your old thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks