• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 light problem ...Bad Fuse

my86m1009

I went to my friends tonight and got out of my truck. Went to leave about ten minutes later and none of my lights worked :shock:. I checked the black out switches and they are all in the right position. Do any of you guys know where i should start looking. I don't have running lights, turn signals, brake lights, headlights and dash lights. Any help would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerchambers

Did you flip the Blackout Switch to all on? And maybe check to see if the wires plugs are in place behind the BO

Last edited:

salt6

Seems to be going around. I lost the tail lights and side markers. Then my dash lights. :( Brake, turn signals and headlights are still working. :cookoo:

GreenBull

I decided to wiggle fuses and one was half way out. I have no idea how that happened
If you pull that fuse and inspect it you will likely find dirt and corrosion on the fuse and fuse box terminals. What happens is the fuse connections become resistive and turn into miniature heating elements. This causes the fuse box terminals to deform and become loose.

Repeatedly soak that fuse block in WD40 or some other penetrating oil for a week, remove all of the fuses and clean the fuse block with electrical contact or brake cleaner. Use a pick to reform the fuse block terminals to tighten them and replace the fuses with new clean ones.

This procedure will cure a high percentage of the electrical gremlins in CUCVs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks